If you want to spend a period of time working as a volunteer in Ghana, then you should look no further than GHV. We have in most of the regions in Ghana qualified staff who will organise all aspects of your project, and guide you through the entirety of your stay in Ghana.We have over fifteen years of experience of volunteering, and are widely regarded as the best in our field.
You can volunteer on a tremendous variety of projects in twenty exciting destinations.
Requirements as to age, language ability and specific experience will vary according to the specific project and will be clearly indicated in the project details. You must:
- Be between the ages of 18 and 35.
- Have volunteer/travel experience for a similar amount of time and in similar conditions to those on the proposed project.
- Be motivated, flexible and committed. You must be prepared to participate fully both in the work and in the cultural exchange with the host organization and local community.
- Be commited to carrying out a full written evaluation and report during your stay.
Volunteers without a profession are asked to inform us by email about their hobbies and what they would like to do while here, for example:
- Working with children.
- Volunteering in children orphanages.
- Working in a hospital..
- Volunteering in a community project.
- Organising sports for different groups
- Environmental Protection etc.
Professionals are asked to send us a detailed copy of their curriculum vitae and their preferred areas of their volunteering. We will contact institutions/organizations that have the kind of work that they want and we will contact them with your information.
Medium and long term volunteering
GHV Long Term Volunteering (LTV) programme gives volunteers the possibility to stay abroad from 3 to 12 months, working in a project that cooperates with a local partners.
Medium term volunteers (MTVs) work for 3 to 6 months; Long term volunteers (LTVs) work for 6 to 12 months (or even more). Volunteers are provided with food, accommodation and are usually covered by a basic insurance. Travel costs to the project are generally covered by the volunteer and there are no age limits.
For further information contact www.ghanavolunteers.org